What are socket weld flanges
|Materials Used||Key Features||Uses|
Socket Weld Flanges (SW Flanges) are similar to slip-on flanges in outline, but the bore is counter-bored to accept pipe. The diameter of the remaining bore is the same as the inside diameter of the pipe. The positive of this is that is creates a smooth bore with the proper welding and grinding. The negative of this type of flange is that it can be more expensive than a slip-on due to more intricate machining, and they can be less readily available than slip-ons due to the fact that the bottom half of the inside diameter must be made to the same schedule as the pipe that is being used. (you must specify the schedule needed) These socket weld flanges were initially developed for use on smaller sizes of pipe at higher pressure ratings.
Socket Weld flanges are typically provided with a raised face, flat face, or RTJ facing. When a raised face is necessary for socket weld pipe flanges, the standard height is 1/16 inch for socket weld pipe flanges less than 400#. For socket weld pipe flanges of 400# and up, the standard socket weld pipe flange raised face height is 1/4 inch.
China Socket Weld Flange Manufacturer www.pipelinedubai.com supplies Socket Welded Flanges, SW Flange, Socket welding Fittings, Socket Flanges in forged steel, Stainless Steel, alloy steel, etc.
- Alloy steel
- Carbon steel
- Stainless steel
- Cast iron
- Bronze etc.
- The recess on the inside diameter of the socket weld flange allows for a good fit of the pipe allowing for a smooth flow of liquid.
- Socket welding flanges work well for smaller sizes and higher pressure temperature conditions.
- They are similar to slip-on flanges, but must specify the schedule of the pipe where they will be used for with socket welds.
- They are ideal for small diameter applications.
- They are used for high pressure applications.
- Socket weld flanges have an internal recess on the inside diameter which allow for a smoot flow of the process fluid.
- They create a smooth bore with the proper welding and grinding.