What are Pipe Valves
A pipe valve is a device that can be used to control the flow of liquids, gases, and slurries. Also known as regulators, valves can be found in almost any situation. They are also made in a number of different designs, depending on how they are being used, and they can be found in a range of sizes from smaller than a pinky to gigantic. Pipe Valves also vary from the extremely basic to the extraordinarily complex. They are one of the oldest mechanical designs, and basic ones have been in use for thousands of years.
- Mild Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Gun Metal
- Cast Iron
- Forged Steel
- Carbon Steel
- Aluminum etc.
There are a various methods used for connecting valves into the piping systems. They are as follows:
- Flanges: Suitable rated flanges are provided with the pipe valve.
- Wafer: The pipe valve is provided with suitable sealing faces. It is trapped between line flanges.
- Butt Welded: The pipe valve is provided with butt weld end. This is welded into the piping system using high integrity joints.
- Socket Welded: These welds allow and weld into the piping system using fillet welds.
- Screwed Ends: Ends of pipe valves can be provided with female or male screwed ends . The threads can be parallel or tapered.
- Compression Fittings: Ends of pipe valves can be provided with compression fittings.
Possible leakage points on valves:
An important requirement in any pipe valve design is to reduce or minimize the leakage of fluids/liquids into the surrounding environment. Some leakage points in pipe valve which should be properly taken care of are as follows:
- The piping’s end connections.
- The spindle gland seals which allow rotary and axial motion.
- For top entry valves, a leakage point is the sealed top closure joint.
- The two split joints for three piece ball valves.
- Valve drain connections.
- Vent connections.
Did you know?
The best option for reducing risk of leakage from the pipe connections is to use butt welded joints. These can be verified by non-destructive-testing (NDT). This eliminates the valve types which have to be removed for maintenance.
- They are designed for safe and easy plumbing.
- Pipe valves are engineered to the highest standard of repeatable quality.
- They are ease of use and high performance.
- Pipe valves can be fitted with pneumatic or hydraulic actuators for remote control.
- Pipe valves are manufactured for liquid and gas flow control in chemical, petroleum, power generating and general industrial applications.
- Industrial water treatment
- Swimming pools
- Water parks
- Waste water technology
- Potable water treatment
- Power plants
- Chemical distribution etc.
|Plug Valves||Ball Valves||Gate Valves|
|Butterfly Valves||Check Valves||Globe Valve|