Selection Principles of Butterfly Valves
Advantages of butterfly valves
1. Butterfly valves have good sealing and control fluid performance. That depends on its characteristics such as simple structure, small volume, light weight, fast switching, 90 degrees reciprocating and rotating, and small driving torque etc.
2. Butterfly valves have good regulation performance which can carry mud and keep minimum volume liquid at the pipe ends. It can achieve good sealing even in a low pressure.
3. The streamlined design of butterfly valves disc minimize the resistance loss of the medium in the pipeline, which means butterfly valves are energy-saving products.
4. The valve stem is a through bar structure. After quenching and tempering, it has good comprehensive mechanical properties, corrosion resistance and scratch resistance. When the butterfly valve opens and closes, the valve stem rotates only without lifting and running. The packing of the valve stem is not easy to break and the sealing is reliable.
How to choose butterfly valves of good quality? The selection principles are below:
1. Selecting the applicable butterfly valve according to the parameters (products model, specification, size).
2. The butterfly valve must have formal production qualification and product testing report.
3. The materials quality for production must be ensured, especially the hydraulic systems must be dedicated butterfly valves.
4. In order to have better products, butterfly valves structure must be reasonable.
Source: China Butterfly Valves Manufacturer – Yaang Pipe Industry (www.pipelinedubai.com)