Installation and Maintenance Instructions of Forged Steel Ball Valves (1)
If forged steel ball valves in the original system are heavily maintained, the sealing performance of the stuffing boxes as well as the parts such as joints are supposed to be checked carefully. In order to make sure that forged steel ball valves can be operated normally and the pipeline system can run smoothly, whether the information on the data plates of forged steel ball valves is in consistent with the design requirements should be checked first before the new forged steel ball valves are operated and installed. Besides these, the following aspects of forged steel ball valves are also supposed to be paid attention to.
1. The pipelines connected with two ends of forged steel ball valves are supposed to be prepared well, and be made concentric. Two flange sealing surfaces should be parallel. Pipelines should bear the weight of the ball valve, or else appropriate support devices must be equipped on the pipelines.
2. Blow and clean the pipelines connected with two ends of the forged steel ball valve. Remove the oil contamination, welding slag and all other impurities inside pipelines.
3. Check the marks of ball valves, and whether the ball valve is intact. Opening and closing the ball valves for several times to make sure they work normally.
4. Remove protectors on the flanges which connect both ends of ball valves.
5. Check the potential dirt probably left in the valve opening and then clean the valve opening. Even just little particles between valve seats and balls may damage the sealing surface of valve seats.
6. Install the forged steel valve on the pipeline, and both ends of the valve can be installed on the upstream end. Valves driven by the hand shank can be installed on any position of pipelines. But ball valves with gearboxes or pneumatic actuators should be installed straight, that is, being installed on horizontal pipelines, and driving device should be installed above pipelines.
7. According to the design requirements of pipelines, it is demanded to install gaskets between valve flange and pipeline flange.
8. Bolts on the flange need to be symmetrically, successively and evenly tightened.
9. Open and close the ball valves for several times to check whether the ball valves can be operated flexibly, smoothly and normally.
10. According to the design requirements of pipelines, check the sealing performance of flange joint face between pipelines and ball valves.
Source: China Ball Valves Manufacturer – Yaang Pipe Industry (www.pipelinedubai.com)