What is a awwa butterfly valve
- The leading manufacturers of AWWA Butterfly Valve have to meet the standards and norms of AWWA standard C504. Every manufacturer assures that every design of valve is better than the previous one. Awwa butterfly valve doesn’t leak from anywhere and won’t damage by corrosion.
- They are easy to maintain and possess low maintenance cost and perform amazingly well in worst conditions. Before manufacturing these butterfly valves they ensure the thickness of shell, torque capabilities and material of construction.
- These AWWA Butterfly Valves are not vulnerable to corrosion which will deposit on the iron valve body and also on the fittings of pipe adjacent to it. They design their valves with thick wall-stainless steel which is resistant of corrosion and smooth.
- They don’t use lesser mating seats because they are not corrosion resistant and can damage the fittings and rubber seats adjacent to it due to corrosion. Seats incorporated on the disc of valves can be removed, replaced and adjusted easily. These butterfly valves are very flexible and can be adjusted in every possible direction.
- Their valve seats should be manufactured in way that permits replacement and removal easily at the time of installation. If it will not manufactured like this then every time this butterfly valve will go to repair and become a burden on the owner.
A butterfly valve operation in the most adverse conditions and it is supposed to perform well in stress situations. Regardless of the direction of the fluid, the edge of the discs will always be little bit upstream which is good in worst conditions. These valves are very short and precise that’s why mostly preferred in industrial applications.
- They are considered very reliable, effective and don’t ask for regular maintenance. They have all the options to operate i.e. they can be configured manually, automatically and pneumatically. Automatic valves are durable that’s why responsible in the reduction of operational costs.
- Different type of material is used in the construction of AWWA butterfly valve so that it can deliver best. Each material has its own advantages and disadvantages. Carbon steel is preferably used to manufacture the valve and seat because it provide cost-effective solutions to its customers.
- Carbon steel has one major drawback i.e. it easily get corroded. But this can be overcome easily by painting its surface. Stainless steel can also be used to manufacture these butterfly valves. There are so many versions of stainless steel are available in the market such as austenitic, duplex, ferritic and many more.
- Low maintenance and operational cost of these valves increase its life-cycle and also saves the time of its customers which usually get lost in its maintenance.